Sat, Sep 09|
Agate Beach Surf Classic: Surf Contest
Newport Parks & Recreation is excited to announce the annual Agate Beach Surf Classic presented by Ossies Surf Shop, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, and Newport News Times!
Time & Location
Sep 09, 8:00 AM – Sep 10, 4:00 PM
Agate Beach, 5122-5176 Oregon Coast Hwy, Newport, OR 97365, USA
About the event
Newport Parks & Recreation is excited to announce the annual Agate Beach Surf Classic presented by Ossies Surf Shop, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, and Newport News Times! Local volunteers working alongside City staff are bringing back a much-missed event. This is a two-day competition held at Agate Beach with surfing divisions for adults and youth.
The Agate Beach Surf Classic is an annual celebration of the exhilarating surfing culture held in Newport, Oregon. This vibrant event brings together surf enthusiasts from near and far to showcase their skills and passion for riding the waves. With its stunning backdrop of Agate Beach's scenic beauty, the Surf Classic offers thrilling competitions, interactive experiences, and a vibrant beachside atmosphere. Whether you're a seasoned surfer or simply drawn to the surfing lifestyle, the Agate Beach Surf Classic promises an unforgettable fusion of adrenaline, community, and ocean appreciation.
Proceeds from the contest will go towards the youth scholarship fund at the Newport Recreation Center. This funding allows children from Lincoln County economically disadvantaged households the opportunity to participate in a number of fantastic programs.
Online Registration is $60 and Day Before Registration is $70.
- Tuesday, September 5: Online pre-registration deadline @ midnight
- Friday, September 8: Surf heats will be uploaded to the contest webpage and Facebook page
- Friday, September 8: Packet Pickup, 5pm-7pm @ Ossies Surf Shop
- Saturday, September 9: Surf Contest, 8am-4pm @ Agate Beach
- Saturday Evening, September 9: Contest Party @ Ossies Surf Shop
- Sunday, September 10: Contest Finals and Awards Ceremony, 8am-4pm @ Agate Beach
For more details and to register visit: https://newportsurfclassic.com/